Time For Clans To Admit Defeat!

178 replies to this topic

Poll: Did IS win before first reset in your opinion? (183 member(s) have cast votes)

Did IS win before first reset in your opinion?

1. Yes the clanners got destroyed! (81 votes [44.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.26%

2. Voted No (102 votes [55.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:40 AM

Without a final battle before reset, it's time to voice your thoughts on who won the first pre-season of CW Beta!

Share thoughts below!

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,698 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:41 AM

Mercs won!!

#3 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:52 AM

Aff, you are right. Between the PGI IS loyalists, overquirked IS Mechs and better half of our Mech line-up being T4 we really have little chance for anything else than surrendering.
GGWP would get nerfhammered again.

#4 fyurian

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:02 AM

Mordin don't put it that way.
We clans got outclassed by our betters. ;)
Our holy OP trinity of mechs an pilots did not stand up to the non OP mass of IS mechs.

If clans wouldn't have been trying to cope with the things that did get changed and just did as normal IS does: just lose with pugs and complain alot, none of the mechs would have been changed.
It is our fault for trying harder and not just complaining like the rest. face that fact !
I have more to say but that will be for later.

#5 Marodeur

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBraunschweig, Germany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 09 April 2015 - 04:52 AM, said:

Aff, you are right. Between the PGI IS loyalists, overquirked IS Mechs and better half of our Mech line-up being T4 we really have little chance for anything else than surrendering.
GGWP would get nerfhammered again.

Oh... so no big fight I guess. The first clanners already surrendered. May be the rest will follow?

Edited by Marodeur, 09 April 2015 - 06:01 AM.

#6 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:04 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 09 April 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

Mercs won!!

it's not an option?

#7 Xeraphale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 09 April 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

Mercs won!!

I'm not sure they won per se, I mean, how can they win if they are fighting for one side one week and the other then next? Score draw between themselves while the IS houses and clans watched from the stands, I reckon.

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

If not for the event, the Clans would stil have two very big multicolor pie slices into the coreward Inner Sphere .. ;)

#9 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:15 AM

Its been a week and the pace hasn't slowed down much at all dude, I don't think the event can explain everything that's been happening.

#10 Romeo Deluxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 449 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:26 AM

They should just blame it on Marshmallow Peep Week. ;)

#11 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:54 AM

On the MERC note:

CW is more then queing for a match. Taking the proper funds to plan carefully and hire MERC groups to attack specific locations adds to the strategy involved in the overall scale of CW.

#12 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

Currently, this poll is irrelevant.

As much as I want to brag about rek'n Clans to the curb, as of the last several days the lack of clan participation in CW is one of the main reasons IS has that many planets won and the clans being pushed back is the result.

With the rumors of a map reset incoming as well as CW is still in Beta stages, interest has dwindled. We won't see real results till CW is revealed in its entirety.

Edited by Novawrecker, 09 April 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#13 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:58 AM

Kurita won first Beta round. Mercs ended up irrelevant; they largely hopped around and made their overall impact close to null. The hardcore loyalists at Kurita stuck to their guns in fair and foul instead of flouncing off when things didn't go their way or to get an extra mech bay.

The result was them building a strong foundation for their faction that is likely to last a long time as well as significant (if at times grudging) respect. While most other factions can't even get their units to drop on a communal ts server to coordinate drops and integrate pugs Kurita puts a lot of work into integrating units and pugs and coordinating drops.

The only mercs who earned any respect are the ones who hung around in factions long enough to integrate and worked with their employers to be a boon to overall objectives.

Kurita won because most other dedicated comp units flounced off, went merc and never hung out anywhere long enough to be relevant or refused to really engage with their faction as a whole.

#14 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 April 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

Kurita won first Beta round. Mercs ended up irrelevant; they largely hopped around and made their overall impact close to null. The hardcore loyalists at Kurita stuck to their guns in fair and foul instead of flouncing off when things didn't go their way or to get an extra mech bay.

The result was them building a strong foundation for their faction that is likely to last a long time as well as significant (if at times grudging) respect. While most other factions can't even get their units to drop on a communal ts server to coordinate drops and integrate pugs Kurita puts a lot of work into integrating units and pugs and coordinating drops.

The only mercs who earned any respect are the ones who hung around in factions long enough to integrate and worked with their employers to be a boon to overall objectives.

Kurita won because most other dedicated comp units flounced off, went merc and never hung out anywhere long enough to be relevant or refused to really engage with their faction as a whole.

Simply the MVP post of the month

#15 BIoB

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:34 AM

This poll is DOA

However, in a game about taking territory from other factions, how else are you going to judge who has won the CW Beta ?

#16 Tyras

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

According to Russ, the Clan won 53% of the matches during the CW event. There's no reason to believe that's changed since the event ended (if there is change it would likely favor the Clans, as the Clans were winning prior to the event). It's the mechanics of the CW matchmaker that hindered the Clans from taking or holding planets due to the disparity in population sizes between IS and Clan factions. That problem will be addressed in the patch on the 21st. Had it been adressed earlier the Clans would have taken Terra, have no doubt.

The IS needs to coordinate better between factions to focus on fighting the Clans rather than each other after the reset or the map will look quite different after a couple of weeks.

#17 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:04 AM

Clan Davion lost the most. They will claim that "they didn't want those planets anyways". Good will always triumph over evil.

Also, other clanners lost because apparently IS lasers being close to par with Clan is OP. With their easy mode missing from MWO they have to take their fursuits to some other furry con or something.

#18 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

With map reset on the way, and the new queue mechanic coming up, I've stopped playing CW.

#19 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:12 PM

I surrender to PGI.

They already explained that the clans were defeated by their coding (despite 53% wins in the great pugflood of 2015)

As part of my surrender... I choose to play something more entertaining than MWO CW.. (In this case, Heroes of the storm: Same maps, same heros, every time... yet for some reason it just isn't getting old. Wonder why that is?)

GG PGI, well played.

#20 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 April 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

True that. but double on the "flouncing" off. CW's active population is pitiful. House Kurita seems to have the most active and dedicated pilots. They got their teeth kicked in early, but have been making gains in every direction.

There's also a confluence of events here.

One is: When Russ started talking about a map reset, I know a lot of units who were putting up with CW bailed. The map simply doesn't matter to them if they know it isn't permanent. Russ gave them an excuse to go and they went. The shine on CW's inch deep, inch wide game mode has long wore off and most MWO players just don't see the value of CW.

Another is: the CW meta has turned into a large laser fest, and the STK-4N is the king of that. No mech compares to it, not even the mighty Timbergod. High energy mounts, awesome quirks, 85 tons of armor, good hit boxes, fast enough to hill hump. For the current meta, the 4N sits supreme. Clans have nothing to compete with it.

Another is: The light rush. Clan's unless they always burn a deck slot for a streak boat, can't compare to a 140-150 kph pack of 12 light mechs. They simply don't have anything to compete with that.

Another is: Unit float. (related to flouncing off) I've seen units flip between Clan and IS, going wherever the LP and c-bill bounciness are thickest. There's some space where units have tagged for two different IS factions and a Clan faction. Take a faction with a couple of good units farming LP and when Paul flips the faction bonuses, those units flee to where the goodies are, causing an instant vacuum in that faction's combat effectiveness. That's exactly what happened to Ghost Bear, they were gods, until enough units flipped to IS and they've been steadily losing ever since. Clan Wolf even more so.

Solutions:

1) Give casuals a reason to be in CW. Some system of one-off quickie games and small 4v4, 8v8 game modes.

2) Better pay outs for CW over Public Queue. I can make a million c-bills in an hour in PQ (I don't all the time, but its possible and I've managed it), but I struggle to get in two CW games per hour -- it takes that long to organize a 12 man, figure out what we're going to do, then go look for a match then wait and wait for some other team to show up and play us. All the while I'm thinking: I can be in PQ right now, playing and making bank.

3) Better mech balance, or some kind of mechanic so there isn't one meta-monoculture in CW.

4) Game modes, maps, and victory conditions that allow for more varied strategies, or even being able change strategies mid-match. Multiple paths to victory make things more interesting and satisfying.

5) Different and yet balanced rewards systems for mercs and loyalists. The choice to be a merc and float around or be a loyalist to a faction should be cosmetic. As it stands right now, farming LP is the main incentive to be in CW. Mech bays, MC rewards, cockpit items -- they all cost real money, so going from faction to faction is the most logical way to get something for nothing, and staying in one spot, you're leaving free mech bays on the table for no gain.

6) Separate the tryhards from the noobs. Sorry, but this has to be done. We need to quit feeding noobs to comps, it demoralizes the noobs who go back to the solo queue and the comps are bored of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users